Journal publications by the UK Iodine Group
The group published a letter that summarised the meeting in June 2012 – “Iodine status in the UK – the way forward”.
Letter published by BMJ on line: Lazarus JH, Bath SC, Jolly K, Rayman MP, Vanderpump MPJ, Williams GR, Zimmermann MB (2012). Rapid response. Iodine status in the UK – the way forward. BMJ
Journal publications on iodine or the thyroid by individual members of the group:
- Bath SC, Sleeth ML, Mckenna M, Walter A, Taylor A, Rayman MP (2014) Iodine intake and status of UK women of childbearing age recruited at the University of Surrey in the winter. Br J Nutr E-pub 2 Oct 2014
- Bath SC, Wright J, Taylor A, Walter A, Rayman MP (2014) Iodine deficiency in pregnant women living in the South East of the UK – a study investigating the influence of diet and nutritional supplements on iodine status Br J Nutr; 111: 1622-1631
- Bath SC, Button S, Rayman MP (2014). Iodised salt availability in the UK – is it likely to influence population iodine intake? Public Health Nutr; 17: 450-454.
- Bath SC, Steer C, Golding J, Emmett P, Rayman MP. Effect of inadequate iodine status in UK pregnant women on cognitive outcomes in their children: results from the Avon Longitudinal Study of Parents and Children (ALSPAC). Lancet; 382: 331-37
- Bath SC, Rayman MP (2013) Facts Behind the Headlines: Is iodine deficiency during pregnancy a public health concern in the UK? Nutr Bull; 38: 400-404
- Bath SC (2013) Comment: Direct or indirect iodine supplementation of infants? Lancet Diabetes Endocrinol; 2: 184-185
- Bath SC, Jolly KB, Rayman MP (2013) Iodine supplements during and after pregnancy. JAMA 309, 1345
- Bath SC, Button S, Rayman MP (2012) Iodine concentration of organic and conventional milk: implications for iodine intake Br J Nutr, 107 935-940.
- Bath SC, Rayman MP. (2012) Iodine deficiency in the UK – an overlooked cause of neurodevelopment delay? Proc Nut Soc, 72: 226-35
- Bath SC, Rayman MP (2012) Antenatal thyroid screening and childhood cognitive function. N Engl J Med; 366: 1640-1641; author reply 1641
- Bath SC, Rayman MP (2011) Iodine deficiency in UK schoolgirls Lancet 378 1623